The Florida Society ACOFP knows that if osteopathic medical students are the life blood of osteopathic family medicine, then residents are at the heart of the profession. The society recognizes that we must all work to continue to make the choice of family medicine residencies an attractive and rewarding one for osteopathic medical students. We must also work to support and expand osteopathic family medicine resident training programs across Florida.
Resident Representation on the Florida Society ACOFP Board of Trustees
Residents and all residency programs in Florida are represented on the Florida Society ACOFP Board of Trustees by Resident Representative Aysen Gurrea, D.O.
Important Links to Osteopathic Family Medicine Resident Training Programs
Lake Erie Consortium for Osteopathic Medical Training (LECOMT)
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSUCOM)
This section of the Florida Society ACOFP website is designed to provide specific information of use to osteopathic family physician residents currently participating in Florida residency programs. Please check back often to this area of the Florida Society ACOFP website for new information on the various events and activities of the FSACOFP, plus new information important to your residency activities.
This special section of the website will include access to:
- Information on current activities of various residency programs within Florida;
- Contact information for all Florida residency programs;
- Past educational programming of the Florida Society ACOFP;
- Regulatory updates;
- FSACOFP news updates;
- FSACOFP Annual Convention information; including specific information for residents
- The latest information about Florida Society ACOFP activities;
- White papers on various issues important to osteopathic family physicians;
- Member access to special FSACOFP members-only area; and
- Florida Society ACOFP resident member profile for public access.